A recent New Yorker article has folks in the Pacific Northwest worried about the "Big One". Are you prepared in the event of an Earthquake?
Earthquake Insurance is not typically included in your Homeowners policy - it can be purchased as an additional policy or in some cases added as an endorsement. What level of protection that is right for your family is an individual decision, but at the very least you should know if you have the coverage now, and what it will cost to add it if you don't.
That's where we come in. Contact us, by phone, email, or in person, and we'll give you options. No pressure, just facts so you can make an informed decision.
In any case, being prepared for a natural disaster doesn't only mean being insured against loss. We've also included some helpful tips in this video so you can proactively prepare before calamity strikes. They include:
1. Have an evacuation plan that includes a safe meeting place outside.
2. Prepare an emergency kit to "grab and go". Here's a link to some ideas for what to include in the kit.
3. Keep a pair of hard-sole shoes near your bed so you can walk safely through the house.
4. Create a video inventory of your stuff. This Digital Locker can help preserve the inventory online.
5. Identify unsecured heavy furniture and other items and mount them or move them away from where people sleep or sit.
For more great insurance info sign up for the monthly newsletter!